Removing carpet stains is something that most people do wrong. What you need to understand is that when you do not know how to remove carpet stains, you might end up making everything worse. We are sure that you do not want to see that happen.
While many different topics can be covered, we will just talk about food and drink stains right now since these are the most common that happen inside a home. Take into account all the advice written below and you should be ok.
How To Remove Carpet Stains From Synthetic Fiber Rugs
The tips below work for stains caused by chocolate, tea, beer, coffee, milk, ketchup, wine, candy, berries, soda, kool-aid, Gatorade, juice and similar:
- Take a white cloth or white paper towels that are not printed and dip them into appropriate detergent solutions. Dab repeatedly and then press what you use on the area that is stained for some seconds. Wait for a quarter of an hour and use a dry cloth (preferably white) to soak up any excess liquid.
- Use a vinegar solution and dip a similar cloth as mentioned before in it. Once again, press it on the stain affected spot for some seconds. Wait another quarter of an hour. This is quite an important step due to the fact that vinegar will remove any residual detergent that is present.
- Rinse the area with cloths that are soaked in warm water. You have to wait until the carpet completely dries and if the spill is bad, before you rinse, add paper towels and then put one glass of baking dish on them for another 15 minutes.
- Stains will lighten when you follow these steps and you have to repeat until they disappear.
How To Remove Carpet Stains From Natural Fiber Rugs
When dealing with tea, coffee or beer, do the following and blot by using dry white cloths after every step. Repeat as many times as necessary to remove the carpet stain completely:
- Spray affected area with detergent solution.
- Spray affected area with vinegar solution.
- Spray again with the detergent solution.
- Use lukewarm water to spray the same area again.
When you have a stain that is caused by berries, soda, milk, wine, berries or chocolate, the same steps as above help but there is one addition that has to be made. Before you will add vinegar solutions, an ammonia solution should be used to spray the affected area. After using ammonia blot with dry cloths.
When you need to remove tomato sauce, kool-aid, Gatorade or ketchup, do not use vinegar and replace with ammonia.
The last tip that we have to offer is that whenever you feel that you do not know exactly what you have to do to remove the carpet stain or the stain is old, you have to call a professional carpet cleaner. The older the stain is, the harder it will be to remove. As soon as you see the spill, you have to try to clean it from your carpet.