Having a home is great and all, but it’s all about adding things to the home you have so that its dollar value increases.
You can do this in a number of ways: sprucing up an existing space or renovating. Some of the most common places people renovate are the places in the home that can net you the most value, like kitchens and bathrooms.
If you’re looking to add some value through home renovations to your bathroom, here is a bathroom remodel checklist that you should follow.
1. Where’s the Money Coming From?
When dealing with home renovations, the most important thing to make sure is that your budget is under control. Where is the money coming from?
With your remodeling contractors, try to calculate how much it will cost for the project to be completed. This should include things like demolition, removal, labor, and the cost of supplies.
Once this estimate is agreed on, you can also build in contingency money to cover any extras or unforeseen expenses.
2. What’s the Timeline?
Alongside the budget, you should have a clear timeframe as to how long the home improvements should be completed. This falls to your contractor to give you an informed estimate.
Be careful to not be too strict nor too loose on your timeline though. The bathroom may not seem very big until you have to deal with certain parts of the renovation, or you have to replace old pipes and other things.
3. Hire the Right Contractor/Designer
Now, this comes with a bit of subjection. However, there are several things you should look for in a quality contractor:
- Knowing what you want will help to narrow down the list. Some contractors specialize in different things, and once you know the direction you wish to go, they can help realize it.
- Word of mouth goes a long way. Look for good reviews from friends and family who have used their services before.
- Always talk to multiple contractors to hear their bids. Whoever can give you the best figure coupled with references you researched, should be the one you should hire. Be sure to do thorough research of their work and cross reference.
4. It’s the Little Things
A bathroom renovation can be defined by how much you pay attention to the little details of the renovation. Leave no stone unturned and unattended.
You are paying for the improvement and you want it to last the duration of the time the house is yours. Do not half do the job. It will come back to bite you. It’s the little things that make all the difference.
Get Your Bathroom Remodel Checklist Right
With this bathroom remodel checklist, you can go and add value to your home to the tune of almost $20,000.
Renovations to your home are often difficult, but that shouldn’t hinder you from living in your dream home. Make your home the envy of your neighbors.
For other informative and interesting articles about restoring your home like this one, be sure to browse the rest of our blog.