Maintaining a clean and well-organized kitchen is an integral part of our house cleaning chores. However, not only it is easier to cook in a tidy kitchen with sparkling clean surfaces but taking care of it on a regular basis helps us provide our family with healthy living environment.
If you are sick and tired with wasting your time for cleaning your kitchen, here are a couple of tricks that will help you save some time and efforts without making a compromise with the results. Of course, you don’t need to follow our tips strictly – try to apply them in a way that fits your way of life and the specific characteristics of your kitchen. You can also try to clean your kitchen using some old-fashioned but eco-friendly methods that will not only make you easier to maintain a perfect cleanliness but will also save you some money.
General Kitchen Cleaning Tips
- Find the proper place for everything you use in your kitchen. This will help you find everything you need faster and is a key aspect of keeping your kitchen clean and well-maintaned.
- Do not use bleach when cleaning your kitchen, because it is really dangerous to your health and may lead to poisoning.
- Try spending more time in the kitchen areas that usually get dirty most easily. Make sure you clean them on a regular basis, or even better – every day. This will save you a lot of time and efforts later.
- No matter how tired you are, try to keep your kitchen clean and in order. Take care of the sink and don’t leave any dirty dishes in.
- Your kitchen sponge is the easiest way to spread the germs from one place to another. So, do not use the same sponge when cleaning different surfaces in your home. Of course, you don’t need to have 10 different sponges. You can easily replace them with napkins or paper towels, for example.
- If you have spilled something on the hot plate, sprinkle the place with some salt. This will reduce the smoke and the burning smell and will help you clean it easier. You can also sprinkle a little cinnamon to reduce the unpleasant smell.
- If you want to clean your microwave or your oven easily, mix two spoons of lemon juice or vinegar with two cups of water, pour the mixture in an appropriate pot and put it in the oven. Then turn it on and leave it for about ten minutes. The lemon juice will kill all germs and will neutralize the bad smells.
- If you need to clean a clogged pipe, pour half a cup of baking soda in, and then pour half a cup of vinegar. Leave it for fifteen minutes like that and then wash off the solution with hot water.
Home-made cleaning products
You can easily clean the whole kitchen with products that we all use in our everyday life. Every housewife has some baking soda, lemons and vinegar, which means that you don’t need to buy any unnecessary and expensive detergents. In addition, using these products for deep cleaning of your kitchen will help you be eco-friendly.
- You can easily clean your windows with a home-made solution of water and vinegar.
- The same solution may be used for cleaning the kitchen tiles. If there are some stains, you can try scrubbing the tiles with some lemon juice or vinegar. Leave the juice for a few minutes and then wash the tiles with plain water.
Make sure you clean your kitchen every day.
Take care of all kitchen utensils, no matter if you don’t use all of them that often.
Remember to clean your oven, cooker and refrigerator on a regular basis – at least once a week. If you don’t want to use any detergents, try using some vinegar, baking soda or lemon juice.